Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Graduation






One Giant Step


There are things you don't know whether to share with anyone or not. Windows into your personal life that aren't such a good view. But there are some things you need to get out anyway. So, I trust you won't judge too harshly. Here goes.........


My grandson graduated from high school last night. He's a great kid, almost a man. We differ in philosophies and politics, but who cares, I just adore him. I didn't receive my invitation to the ceremonies however. I did recieve an announcement the day after his graduation. I guess I should be grateful for that. My daughter and I haven't spoken in almost a year and only live about 3 miles from one another. My heart aches every day, but what can I say........ sometimes it's best to just release your children to find their own way.
Now Charlie will take his first steps in life to make all his own decisions, become the person he wants to be and what he can't have, hopefully he'll be gracious about it and be grateful for what he can have. I wish for him to find compassion, respect and appreciation for his elders and his peers. I wish him much love and little heartbreak and hope we become close again some day soon. All my love, good thoughts and wishes to him, his mom, dad and sister at this very special big step in his life. This is His time now....... let him use it wisely and fully, enjoying every possible moment.

With much love,

Grandmother Moon








No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you and will try my best to respond. Thanks so much for visiting!